Saturday, January 18, 2014

Day One

This is the first day I have not checked my facebook first thing after my eyes are open. This is the first morning since I deactivated all my social media and my first day of my "digital vacation", such as it is..So far, so good. The question is, can one really take a complete leave of absence from our digital world? Or has it become so ingrained that living "off the grid" is more troublesome than it is worth. 
 It feels a bit hypocritical to keep a blog while on my break from the internet. I have been looking at getting a new cell phone that is free from some of the things that are keeping most tied to them 24/7. It is an old school flip phone with no camera, cannot download any apps and has very limited internet access. I am seriously getting this simple phone and giving up my Iphone...we shall see, there is a financial aspect that may keep me from doing so..

No comments:

Post a Comment