Friday, January 17, 2014

Unplugging

This is going to sound a little weird, but I think I am going to unplug for a while. Meaning that I have shuttered my social media pages and will stay off from the internet unless work or Church takes me there. This blog will be the sole exception. I will use this to chronicle my journey. I will not make any public announcements about this blog. I do it for myself. I take that back, I have a daughter living in Mexico that I will use Skype to connect with a few times a week.
 I am, for all intents and purposes, going off the grid. I am looking to trade my Iphone in for a basic old school flip-phone. No camera, no internet. I want a phone that will.....wait for it...make phone calls. I do not need a micro-super computer in my pocket. My life is a little confusing and I need to step back and do some soul searching. |
 I have absolutely no clue as to the content of this blog in the future. Not sure where this will end up. I am tired of seeing everyone with their faces in their phones all the time and realized that I am the same. So I decided to make a change and pull away from being so "connected" all the damn time. I also noted that I am a little clueless as to what is happening in the lives of my daughters. On one hand what father of teenagers isn't a little lost. On the other hand, we spend most of our time at home on our phones, Ipad, computers, and the television. We need to connect more as a family, and I am the one that needs to set that example. So here I am. I deactivated my twitter and facebook accounts. Will I reopen them? I do not know.
 Ok, let me back up. I am assuming that whomever is reading this already knows who I am. My name is Wayne. I am 45 years old. I am married to a wonderful, beautiful woman named Lilly and we have 5 daughters. There is one daughter from my first wife, my wife has three daughters with her first husband, then we have one together. They are 22, 19, 19, 18, and 10 years old. Yup, you read that right..4 girls in their late teens and early twenties.
 In summary, I am attempting to unplug from the digital world. Ironically I will be blogging about it as I go forward. I find it rather difficult to completely unplug, as my job and resposiblities at Church require me to use the internet. But I am unplugging on a personal level. To be honest, if I had thefinancial resources, I would love to go to some isolated place for about a month or so with nothing. No phone, no computer, just relax and unwind without the worlds distractions..that is what I need....

No comments:

Post a Comment